Thursday, January 29, 2015

Listening to the radio

There's a line in a song that goes:

          "What if God was one of us, just a slob like one of us?"

Well, according to my recollection of the Bible, he is, we were made in his image. I'm not a religious person, I haven't attended church services in a very long time and quite frankly I have no intention of starting now. Having said that, as a trans person it behooves us to know what ammunition is being used against us, it just takes a simple search of the internet to get plenty of religious quotes that cover being trans; by my count there are 6 total, three in support of my gender choice two against, and one neutral (my interpretation). By my count that puts the in support of in the lead (simple math in my book). To tell he truth, I don't care, The bible is open to interpretation, we can start with the statement that we are created in God's image, in that case, god made me this way and am I not going against his plan by rebelling against how he made me? More importantly, there are quotes in the bible that support transgender expression, most specifically Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave[a] nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

There are so many more problems in the world, so many more greater sins. Where are the protests against greed and gluttony? Could it be that the people that protest against me having equal rights are more interested in getting fat and rich than they are in saving souls? If they point the finger at me then they are looked at with the same scrutiny. It's call misdirection, magicians and charlatans have been using it to trick people for eons.

Just remember "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" my sins are between me and my God, whoever he or she may be.

Hugs...

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment