Friday, February 5, 2016

Anniversary...

One year ago on March 1st Vicki walked into the call center for the first time. I had been out in the world before for at least six months  prior, but March 1st was the watershed moment for me when I crossed that last hurdle. Coming out at work was super hard, my imagination was on overdrive. I knew that my world would com crashing down on me and I would lose my job, my friends, etc... None of that happened of course. If anything is was more of a whimper than a bang. I am now approaching my third shift realignment as Vicki, another new team, and another group of people that are meting me for the first time.

In case you haven't guessed, this is rather stressful, it's easy to show up every day for the same people, you know how they are going to react and behave. Every time I put myself in a new situation or meet new people my mind immediately starts expecting the worst. Now this doesn't come to pass, well at least not to this point. I spend a lot of time worrying about things that never happen. It takes a lot of energy too, energy that I could be using to better effect elsewhere. Writing, or knitting, or sewing, things that I enjoy doing.

So this time I'm not going to worry, which is easier said than done, I am going to focus on the positives, I'll be able to spend more time with my family. I will be able to be more physically active. I'll be able to spend my energy on improving my world. So for this anniversary I am giving myself the gift of a positive outlook and the knowledge of a bright future...

Hugs and Kisses,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment