Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I live in Colorado. Not the most liberal state in the union, not the most conservative either. there was a bill before the state house that would have legalized civil unions (same sex marriage). The bill died on the state house floor without going to a vote, it was blocked by conservative republican lawmakers from ever coming to a vote. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/us/civil-unions-bill-dies-in-colorado.html

Now I'm not gay, I'm in a committed heterosexual relationship with my wife, and this ticks me off. I can't understand the concept that same sex marriage will in any way shape or form harm traditional marriage. I'm angry and disappointed, not for myself, I am married, but for all those loving couples out there that are denied the same rights and protections I have. There are some ten nations, including some that are predominantly Catholic, that have legalized same sex marriages, yet in one of the most progressive countries in the world, we do not...

How sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment