Wednesday, July 24, 2013

And when did you.... ?

Good morning world, yes it is morning here in Colorado, way too early morning. I found that I couldn't sleep any more, my mind was all too active. How did I end up like this, why am I trans? The truth is I don't know, it certainly wasn't a choice. I mean, who would choose this? It affects everyone in your life, and by no means is it a positive thing. I sets you up for ridicule and discrimination. A lot of people won't understand and when we don't understand something, we tend to marginalize it.

I was watching a student video on Youtube the other day, the interviewer was asking people on the street some simple questions, first "Is being gay a choice?" and of course there are a wide range of answers, the ones that the interviewer was interested in were the ones where the person answered "yes". Now we know that sexual orientation is not a choice (at least I hope we do), the follow-up question for these people then became, "And when did you choose to be straight?". 

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtjqLUHYoY 

The responses were amazing, in some you could almost hear the click when they come to the realization that it's not a choice. So let me ask you, when did you choose your gender :)

Hugs and Kisses

Vicki

2 comments:

  1. My gender hit me like a feather pillow around the age 11, then
    like a 2×4 around age 18, THEN
    like a fully loaded C-130 at age 45.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fully loaded C-130 hit me at 50 :)

    ReplyDelete