Friday, October 4, 2013

A week with Vicki... Part 2

First off I need to make a correction, I will be going (mostly) full-time for nine days. So far I've found my time positive. I know that I've been "made" a time or two (I hold not misconceptions regarding my appearance), but at no time have I felt uncomfortable. I went to lunch with a good friend and former co-worker today, it was the first time she had met Vicki in person, always nerve-wracking, it went really well and we had a good talk. On a side note, a lady was placed at the table across the aisle from me, she sat and waited for her friend to arrive, when she did, they ask to be moved, now I can't say for sure it was because of me or some other reason, but it brought to light something in me that I need to acknowledge: just because something happens in proximity to me doesn't mean it's in response to my presence, it's not all about me...

I am feeling more comfortable in my own skin and with that comfort comes confidence... We'll see where this takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment